What is the cost of construction per square feet? When you think about constructing a new house and you are searching for the right contractor this term must be heard by you. The Cost of Construction per square feet for a residential house depends upon on a lot of factors. we can say that the cost to depend upon the following factors:-
1) Purpose of construction of the house: – The Cost of Construction for a rental house construction may low, whereas a standard house for personal use will start from high price level.
2) Type of Internal finishing expected:-The Quality of painting, woodwork, Bathroom Fittings, flooring, Electrical fittings, etc. you use will affect the cost.
3) The type of Exterior Finish:- If you want good front elevation design, you have to pay higher construction cost like stone cladding or Extensive Grillwork, etc.
4) Total built up area:- The wider the area and more the no. of floors, lower the price for construction for the same type of features.
5) Location of Land:- If you are constructing a house in a remote area, where construction material and Labour are not easily available. The cost of construction much higher than in other areas.
Following are some value of the cost of construction in various countries and major cities of the world.
1) United States:
The cost of construction in various cities of at a $ 200, though national average stands at $ 250.
RESIDENTIAL: Single Family Detached-Medium Quality – 150 to 400 $ per square foot.
Apartment/Condominium-Mid Rise – 200 to 500 $ per square foot.
This figure varies in various cities of united states like San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, etc.
Construction cost per square feet
2) United Kingdom:
Generally, for Constructing new homes in London several factors affect the cost and therefore a minimum of £2,000 per square meter (£185 per square foot) may be a more realistic estimate.
Read More: Home Automation System and Technologies
When it comes to the average cost of construction to build a house in Canada, according to Home Builder Canada, the price per square foot for a detached home in major Canadian cities is as follows:
Vancouver: $130 – $230
Constructing a new house in Australia is not easy for the lower class resident. If we consider Site Costs $10,000 – $70,000, Basic cost – $10,000 Driveways and Flooring – $10,000. So it would generally need to add around $40,000 or more to the cost of the build in extra costs.
The cheapest house you can construct in Australia is somewhere around $155,000.
1) Project Homes (basic) – $620-$780/square meter
2) Project Home (deluxe) – $1,000 – $3,000/square meter
3) Custom Built Homes – $1,500 – $3,000/square meter
Cost range per floor area ($/m2)
Sydney $1,780 Melbourne $1,720
Adelaide $1,580 Brisbane $1,800
If we consider average, the construction cost per square feet in India would range between Rs.1200 to Rs.1800/-.
This range may vary from city to city like Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, etc.
Read More: Concrete Mix Design Step by Step full
Watch Video : Construction cost per square feet