Civil Engineering Site Work
The civil engineer has to do a lot of important work on the construction site. The civil engineer is the in-charge of the site without whose approval no work is done on the site. The reason for this is that on construction site civil engineer is only a technical person who has the knowledge work and specification of it.
1. Interpretation of Drawing:
Interpretation of drawing means reading the drawing. The job of a civil engineer is to analyze the drawing given. Construction drawings are of different types such as plan, section, and elevation. The civil engineer must understand the details given in the plan and work according to the dimensions given in the drawing.
Read More: HOW TO DRAW A HOUSE PLAN BY HAND
2. Preparing Bar Bending Schedule:( Civil Engineering Site Work )
This is a very important sheet that a civil engineer needs to study as well as make. It is called BBS sheet in short. In BBS, how much steel does required, what diameter have to be, what is it’s cutting length, how much is its total weight, how is its bending shape, all such details are given in it? Civil engineers give the cutting length and its number and steelworker so they can do the steel cutting and bend accordingly. BBS also helps in preparing the bill of work.
3. Allotting Work to Labors: (Civil Engineering Site Work)
It is also the job of a civil engineer to work on the labor that is on the site and tell them what work to do and for how long to do what right material to use. Labor is very lazy until they are told they work. And if the labor is not told properly, then it can also cause huge losses, so the civil engineer needs to stand by and monitor the work.
4. Supervision of Construction Work :
It is very important to monitor the work that is going on at the construction site, it is very important for any civil engineer to check whether the work is going on at the site, according to the drawings, which has been done according to what was said.
5. Preparing Schedule of material used and available:
How much material is available on the site, how much material has come, the details of it should be with the civil engineer. For such information, the civil engineer makes the material within which the material used and how much material is left is detailed.
Read More: ESTIMATION OF A BUILDING WITH PLAN
6. Plotting Line – Level on Construction Site:
It is also the responsibility of the civil engineer to see whether the work is done on the side is being done according to the guided line level, if friends do anything wrong then repairing the concrete and the construction is very expensive. For this, checking the line level is very important.
7. Preparing Work Chart Schedule :
It is very important to create a work chart schedule at any construction site. By reading the work chart schedule, we can find out how much work has been done and how much work is yet to be done and we also know whether the work has been done or not. We can set Goals by preparing a work chart schedule and we can work accordingly.
8. Checking Steel Work of Slab, Beam, & Column before Concreting.
It is the responsibility of the civil engineer to check the steel installed in it before any concrete is done. For example checking of steel used in the slab, column, and beam, etc. civil engineer has to check the details like the specified diameter of steel bar used or not, a number of bars, the spacing of bar and the proper cover is provided to a section or not.
Read More: HOW TO CALCULATE STEEL QUANTITY FROM DRAWING
9. Checking & Arranging Equipment before concreting work starts:
Before starting any concreting, it is necessary to prepare all the things in advance. Checking whether the machine-like vibrator used in the concreting is available on the site, if it goes off then it is a backup must be available for continuous work.
10) Supervision of the curing process:
After the completion of concrete work, it is very important to cure it. If not properly cured, then cracks can be read in the concrete, then it becomes the responsibility of the civil engineer that starts the curing process as soon as concreting work completed.
11. Keeping Note of Each and Every Casting Work
- Concrete used in m3
- Formwork Quantity
- Steel Quantity used
- Labor used
- Material used
12. Much Other Work ( Civil Engineering Site Work ):
- Steel Record ( Available Steel and used Steel Record)
- Preparing Concrete Record.
- Labour Muster
- Preparing Bill of Quantity
- Preparing and Sending Daily Process Report to Higher Authority
- HOW TO DRAW A HOUSE PLAN BY HAND
- HOW LONG SHOULD CONCRETE CURE BEFORE REMOVING FORMS
- BUILDING CONSTRUCTION STEP BY STEP PROCESS
- HOW TO CHECK CEMENT QUALITY ON CONSTRUCTION SITE
- BUILDING BYE-LAWS AND STANDARD DIMENSIONS OF BUILDING UNITS
- WHAT NEXT, IF CONCRETE CUBES FAILED AFTER 28 DAYS
- IMPORTANT POINT FOR CIVIL SITE ENGINEER
- THUMB RULES FOR CIVIL ENGINEERS