Introduction Top 10 Construction Companies In India
In India, the construction industry stands to be the second-largest after agriculture. The construction sector drives India’s overall development. It consists of three segments, namely,
- Real estate construction: Residential and commercial construction
- Infrastructure buildings: Roads, railways, power, etc.
- Industrial construction: Oil & gas refineries, pipelines, textiles, etc.
Constructing a building, bridge, road or anything is not child’s play. It demands innovation, excellent engineering skills, vision, and the desire to improve the existing conditions of infrastructure.
Construction Companies in India have changed the face of transportation, urban infrastructure, railway, airport, and even industries that involve nuclear and hydropower plants.
The construction sector has innovation with bounds in the last five decades and so has its effect on the condition of the economy of the nation.
The construction industry is ensured to become the largest employer by 2022 with employing more than 75 million people. India to be the third-largest construction market globally by 2030, with its contribution to GDP increasing to 15% by 2030.
List of Top 10 Cement Companies In India as Per Revenue
|Sr. No||Detail||Revenue in Core|
|1.||TATA Projects||Rs 13,050 crore|
|2.||Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T)||Rs 1.5 lakh crores|
|3.||ESSAR Group||Rs. 1,500 crores|
|4.||Jaypee Group||Rs. 13,875 Crores|
|5.||Hindustan Construction Company (HCC)||Rs 8250 Crores|
|6.||Gammon India Limited||Rs. 310.15 crores|
|7.||Shapooriji Pallonji dd||Rs. 52,750 crores|
|8.||Oberoi Realty dd||Rs. 420 crores|
|9.||IRCON Limited dd||Rs. 5,4515 crores|
|10.||Unitech||Rs. 547 crores|
List of The Top 10 Construction Companies In India
We have compiled the information & make a list of the best construction companies in India, we have found great potential in these construction companies in the coming future for civil engineering professionals.
- Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd
- Larsen & Turbo Limited
- Tata Project Limited, Mumbai
- Jaypee Associates Ltd
- Gammon India Ltd.
- Reliance Infrastructure Limited
- Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited
- GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd
- GMR Group
1. Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd (HCC)
Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd is a popular construction firm in India founded by Seth Walchand Hirachand in the year of 1926. The headquarter of the company is established in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
HCC is a famous and popular construction company in India and has taken up some of the major infrastructure projects in the country such as expressways, bridges, tunnels, and power plants, etc. It also executing the projects of transport systems, bridges, and highways.
The company covers the segment of engineering and construction, infrastructure, real estate, urban development, and management.
The company covers the projects in the sectors including power, transportation, water, and industrial projects, etc. this company also gives various solutions in the nuclear power arena.
Some of The Projects of HCC
- Bandra-Worli sea link
- Mumbai-Pune expressway
- Kudankulam Power Plant
- Bogibeel Bridge, Assam
Basic Information About HCC
- Numbers of employees: 1900
- Revenue: Rs. 2,416.9 Cr
- Market capital: Rs. 885.12 Cr
2. Larsen & Turbo Limited
Larsen & Turbo Limited, generally known as L&T is an Indian multinational company that was founded in 1938. It was headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
It was founded by Henning Holck-Larsen and Soren Kristian Turbo who are Danish engineers and living as refugees in India. The L&T provides services in basic and heavy engineering construction, heavy equipment, electrical goods, and financial services as well.
Larsen& Turbo provides its services in the real estate, construction as well as information technology fields. This company has partnered with SapuraCrest Berhad of Malaysia in a joint venture to provide services to the industry of offshore construction.
Till March 31, 2020, the L&T group comprised 93 subsidiaries, 8 associates, 34 joint-venture, and 33 joint operations companies. L&T Ltd also helps for the sustainment of the environment. The L&T Company has 17 green buildings & 1 green factory within its campuses.
Some of The Projects of Larsen & Turbo
- Coimbatore bypass
- Panipat elevated corridor
- Krishnagiri bypass in Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu
- Gujarat refinery for Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Fertilizer plant for NFCL in Kakinada
Basic Information About L&T
- Numbers of employees: 3,37,994
- Revenue: Rs. 1,41,007 Cr
- Market capital: Rs. 2,03,165 Cr
3. Tata Projects Ltd, Mumbai
Tata Projects is a well-known construction company and the most admired infrastructure company in India. This company is popular for constructing large & complex urban and industrial infrastructure projects.
Tata projects are the top-ranked company in construction that provides infrastructure solutions for the construction of roads, bridges, fully integrated rail and metro systems, commercial buildings & airports, chemical plants, wastewater management, and distribution systems.
This company is also associated with its construction of embankments, structures, tunnels, track works, overhead electrification, signaling, and telecommunication works.
Some Remarkable Projects Undertaken by Tata Projects Ltd.
- Mumbai Trans Harbor Link Bridge
- Mechanical Track Laying Machine at Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFCC)
- Lucknow Metro Tunnel
Basic Information About Tata Projects Ltd
- Numbers of employees: 7,50,000
- Revenue: Rs. 500 Cr
4. Jaypee Associates Ltd
Jaypee Associates Ltd is one of the best-rated construction companies in India and was found in the year of 1979 by Jaiprakash Gaur and is based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Jaypee group is also the 3rd largest cement producer company in the country. The company has also accomplished many hydropower projects in the country.
The various segments of the company include engineering, construction, cement, real estate, power, road construction, hospitality, and sports. It is a top-ranked company in the construction and infrastructure industry.
Some Of The Top Projects Of Jaypee Associates Ltd
- 1000 Mega Watt Karcham Dam on Satlujriver, Himachal Pradesh
- Yamuna expressway
- Blending of cement & grinding unit in Agheri, Uttar Pradesh
- 1450 MW on Sardar Sarovar Dam, Gujarat
Basic information about Jaypee Associates Ltd
- Numbers of employees: 8,656
- Revenue: Rs. 138.31 billion
5. Gammon India Ltd
This company was established by John Cin in 1922. Gammon. The company, Gammon India is among the largest infrastructure construction companies in India. Its headquarters are in Mumbai, India.
The diversified range of projects of this construction company involves highways, public utilities, environmental & marine structures.
The company, Gammon India is also a specialist in the designing, financing, construction, and operation of modern bridges, viaducts, and metro rail, both on a Built-Operate-Transfer (BOT) basis as well as contract execution.
For example, Reinforced and Pre-stressed Concrete, Long Span bridges, Underwater concreting, Thin shell structures, Non-shrinking concrete, and Aluminum trusses for launching precast and Pre-stressed beams are some of the innovations of this company.
Some Notable Projects of Gammon India Ltd
- The tallest cooling tower at Bhusawal
- 1st cable-stayed bridge in India at Akkar, Sikkim
- Elevated viaducts in Delhi for Metro Rail Corporation
- Terminal building for Sharjah International Airports
- The longest river bridge across the Ganga At Patna, Bihar
Basic Information About Gammon India Ltd
- Numbers of employees: 8,850 (2015-16)
- Revenue: Rs. 310.15 Cr
6. Reliance Infrastructure Limited
Reliance Infrastructure Limited was found in the year of 1929. The company has been involved in various projects in roads and highways, airports, real estate, infrastructure, construction, and defense.
It is one division of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group. RIL is chaired by Mr. Anil Ambani and CEO Lalit Jalan. The headquarters of the company is established in Mumbai, India.
The Reliance Infrastructure Ltd is the leading constructor of road & highway projects for the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) under the build, operate, transfer (BOT) scheme.
Reliance Infrastructure Limited is developing & operating 5 brown-field airports in Maharashtra at Nanded, Latur, Yavatmal, Baramati, and Osmanabad with a lease period of 95 years.
The magnificent and best services that Reliance Infrastructure has been providing for the past 90 years, make the company one of the best construction companies in India.
Some of The Notable And Major Projects of Reliance Infrastructure Limited
- Maharashtra, Coal based Thermal Power Station in Dahanu
- Delhi Airport Expressway
- Nanded Airport in Maharashtra
Basic Information About Reliance Infrastructure Limited
- Numbers of employee : 5,718
- Revenue: Rs. 20,972 Cr.
7. Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited (NCC Ltd)
The company was established in the year 1978 as a public limited company. The company has completely progressed and has created significant value for all of its stakeholders.
This company has been involved in the execution of various projects that are related to power, railways, mining, roads, and irrigation, etc.
The company has completed some of India’s most major projects including NCC Urban and NCC Infra.
Some of The Major Projects of Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited
- Delhi Metro Railway Line
- Construction of Oberoi Resort in Kuwait
- Construction of Blast Furnace at SAIL-ISP
- Kalina-Vakola Flyover in Mumbai, Maharashtra
Basic Information About Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited
- Numbers of employees: 2500
- Revenue: Rs. 8,000 Cr.
8. GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited
GVK is a popular construction company in Indian with varying interests in several areas of economy and development.
GVK is also managed, setting up India’s first Independent Power Plant (IPP), the first six-lane road project, and the first Brownfield airport under the Public-Private Partnership model.
This construction company has also been provided with the responsibility of managing & operating India’s first brownfield airport – the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai.
Among several other completed and undergoing projects is India’s largest Greenfield Airport at New Mumbai, whose mandate the company won to operate and build. At the same time, GVK is an environmentally responsive organization.
Because of its considerable contribution to Indian infrastructure, GVK is among the top construction companies in the country.
Some Notable Projects of GVK Power and Infrastructure Ltd
- Deoli-Kota Expressway
- 1st Hydro-Electric Power Plant in Jammu & Kashmir
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
- Jaipur – Kishangarh Road Project
- Srinagar Hydro Electric Project, Uttarakhand
Basic Information About GVK
- Numbers of employees: 50000
- Revenue: Rs. 100.31 Cr.
9. Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd
Shapoorji Pallonji was founded in the year of 1865 by Pallonji Mistry and has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. It offers a wide range of services including infrastructure, textiles, real estate, industrial engineering, and power.
Shapoorji Pallonji Group is India’s 1st ISO 9001-2000 certified construction company. This is a diversified company and has clients in around 60 countries, and has completed various projects for more than 150 years now.
The SP Group is a big construction company in the country and has been completing projects in the sectors of construction, real estate, power generation, and biotechnology.
This construction company has contributed to infrastructure assets in Power (Hydro, Oil, and Gas), Ports and Terminals, Transportation, and natural resources.
Shapoorji Pallonji group has changed India’s face of transport with 4.5k lanes of roads and above 100 km elevated and underground Metro Rail in India.
Some of The Major Projects of Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd
- The company did the repair work and renovation of Taj Mahal Palace after the 2008 Mumbai Attack.
- Jumeirah Lake Towers in Dubai
- The Imperial in Mumbai
Basic Information About Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd
- Numbers of Employee : 52,747
- Revenue: Rs. 13,831 Cr.
10. GMR Group
GMR Group was founded in 1978 by Gandhi Mallikarjuna Rao. The company is based in New Delhi. Currently, the GMR group’s expertise lies in areas of Airports, Energy, Highways, and Urban Infrastructure.
If we talk about GMR’s Transportation business, then its notable contribution to surface transport projects including Roads, Railways, Metros, and Airstrips/ Runways segments changing the face of transportation.
Now, GMR has also entered into the urban infrastructure segment. GMR Group has been reevaluating air travel since the early 2000s & is now considered to be among the top 5 airport developers and operators globally.
With some notable construction projects, GMR Group has secured a position among the best construction companies in the country.
Some of The Key Projects of GMR Group
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Pochanpalli Expressways project on NH-7 by GMR
Basic Information About GMR Group
- Numbers of employees: 292
- Revenue: Rs. 1468.08 Cr.
Which is the No 1 construction company in India?
Larsen & Turbo Limited
Larsen & Turbo Limited, generally known as L&T is an Indian multinational company that was founded in 1938. It is currently the best company for huge constructions in India.
How many construction companies are there in India?
The Indian construction industry consists of more than 200 firms in the corporate sector capable of undertaking a wide variety of projects. Also in addition to these 200 firms, there are nearly 1 lakh 20 thousand class A contractors registered with various government construction bodies.
What are the biggest Infrastructure Companies in India?
Best Infrastructure Development Companies,
1. Larsen & Turbo Limited
2. Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd
3. Tata Project Limited, Mumbai
4. Gammon India Ltd.
5. Jaypee Associates Ltd
6. Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd
7. Reliance Infrastructure Limited
8. GMR Group
9. Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited
10. GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited
Which is the biggest project in India?
Ongoing Biggest Projects in India includes,
1. Diamond Quadrilateral project
2. Delhi-Mumbai Trade Corridor
3. Navi Mumbai International Aiport (NMIA)
4. Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT)
5. Lokhandwala Minerva
Which is the No 1 construction company in the world?
The China State Construction Engineering Corporation having headquarters in Beijing, China is the largest construction company of a date in the world by revenue.
You Might Also Like
- 10 Best Cement | Top 10 Best Cement In India | Top 10 Cement Companies In India
- 10 Best Steel for House Construction | Best Steel Brand for House Construction In India
- 10 Free Construction Estimating Software | Free Construction Cost Estimator
- Top 10 Best Tiles Company In India | Top Tiles Brand In India