House Construction Cost Calculator Excel Sheet 2023
Planning to build your own house can be a bit difficult when you have no idea about the house construction cost. Everyone has a dream to have their own house as he does not have to live in rented houses. But many people worry about how much money or construction cost they will have to collect to build a house in which a good house can be built.
Let’s see how to calculated house construction cost and here I am also providing a house construction cost calculator excel sheet to help you to calculate cost easily.
House Construction Materials
Building a house in India has not given much hope, especially in cities, it is a very difficult task, in different states of India and their cities, different types of construction materials are available, which are used to build a house.
The major materials used for house construction are cement, sand, aggregate, bricks, and steel. The prices of these construction materials are different according to every city and every area so there is convenience and inconvenience in house construction, all these things in cities are very high prices. On other hand, House construction materials in the village area may be very cheap.
Construction materials play an important role in increasing or decreasing house construction. If materials are locally available then their rate will less compare to other cities, but if materials are required to be transported from a long distance to a construction site then the material cost will obviously be high. This high material rate will add extra cost in house construction costs.
The quality of material used in house construction also affects the cost of construction of the house. As we decide to build a quality house, we will have to use good quality material and diffidently its price will be high compare to normal construction material.
For example, there are different qualities of brick available in construction material supplier shop
1. First Class Brick – 6.5/ brick
2. Second Class Brick – 4.5/brick
As you can see first-class bricks price is high compared to second class bricks. It is clearly seen that first-class brick cost is 1 rs. High than second-class brick, means if all construction work required 30000 bricks, then your house construction cost will automatically increase by 30,000 Rs.
As we all know that construction steel has various grades such as Fe 415, Fe 500, and Fe 500D, etc. and In Fe 415, 415 is a tensile strength of steel. Fe 500 is high tensile strength compared to Fe 415, which means if we choose high-strength steel bars for house construction our construction costs get increase.
So, If the Steel grade Fe 415 TMT price is 50 Rs./kg and Fe 500 TMT cost Rs. 60/kg in the market and we choose Fe 500 means our cost of Steel bars will increase by 10Rs. kg.
Hence, if the total steel used for house construction is 3000 kg, then the cost of steel used for construction will increase by 3000 x 10Rs = 30000 Rs.
So, we can see just by choosing high-quality materials our costs increase significantly.
Different Construction Materials and Their Market Price
|Construction Materials Name||Their Approx. Price Ranges (Rs.)|
|1.||Cement (53 Grade)||280 to 350 Rs./Bag|
|White Sand||500 to 800 Rs. / Ton|
|M Sand||850 to 1100 Rs./ Ton|
|Black Sand||400 to 700 Rs./ Ton|
|10 mm||700-850 Rs. / Ton|
|20 mm||700-1100 Rs. / Ton|
|Fe 415||45 to 50 Rs./Kg|
|Fe 500||55 to 60 Rs./Kg|
|First Class Brick||6.5 to 7 Rs. / Brick|
|Second Class Brick||4.5 to 6 Rs. / Brick|
|Fly Ash Brick||25 to 40 Rs./ Block|
|6.||Marble||35 to 50 Rs. / sq. ft.|
|7.||Granite||55 to 75 Rs. / sq. ft.|
|Ceramic||27 to 55 Rs. / sq. ft.|
|Vitrified||19 to 45 Rs. / sq. ft|
Method of House Construction
The house construction work can be two in two ways, first, you supply the building materials and the contractor only provides labour (masons, carpenters, etc.). In the second, you ask the contractor to provide both the materials (sand, cement, bricks, etc.) and labor.
Both methods of house construction have their own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s see both one by one and which is best for you to build a house.
1. Labour Contract
Labour contract means you only give labor supply contract to the contractor. This contractor will supply or handle labor work and you have to provide all materials required for house construction. Labour contract rate generally lies between 250 to 500 Rs. Per sq ft depending upon location and quality of construction work, you desired from the contractor.
Advantages of Labour Contract
- Quality construction work
- As the material is yours, the contractor doesn’t try to save the material and uses the required quality of material for construction.
- Less dispute between contractor and owner.
- You can choose your required quality of material for house construction.
- Saving in material cost.
- You can compare the price and quality of different construction materials.
Disadvantages of Labour Contract
- As material supply by owner contractor uses excessive material than required.
- Contactor does not care about material saving where it can be possible.
- The Owner has to care about continuous material supply on site.
- The Owner has to do a market survey and purchase material.
- Owner’s work schedule may disturb due to house construction.
2. Material + Labour Contract
In this contract whole work is allotted to the contractor. It means the contractor is responsible for material purchase and supply on the construction site and the owner will pay for it. This is a popular house construction contact method as the owner has a minimum workload.
The material plus labor contract rate or contraction rate is generally between 1000 to 2000 Rs. Per sq ft depending upon the quality of work, location, and contractor reputation in work.
Advantages of Material plus Labour Contract
- A Contactor is responsible for material supply so the owner is free for other work.
- The Owner can supervise work properly.
- The Contractor has good experience in material buying so he will select good quality materials for construction.
Disadvantages of Material plus Labour Contract
- As the contractor buys material for construction, he will try to save money on material buying.
- The Quality of construction is poor.
- The Contractor told labour to use less material which results in poor construction.
How to Calculate House Construction Cost 2023
How much money will be required to house construction, depends on the area of the house, the number of stories and type of house, etc.
The average cost of building a house in India is Rs. 1000 to 1500 per square feet is for normal house. This includes all types of expenses such as building materials (sand, cement, bricks, etc.), contractors, and map-making.
The cost of a labor contractor for many works like construction of house structure, tiles fitting, wiring, plumbing, and painting is around Rs 220 to 340 per square feet. For a simple house plan, an architect or engineer charges Rs 5 to 10 per square feet.
The rest is spent on building materials like sand, cement, bars, bricks, etc. A list of rates for each of the different construction works (including construction materials) in building a house is given below.
House Construction cost can be calculated by multiplying the house construction rate given by the contractor by the area of a plot or the total construction area of the house.
House construction cost = Area of plot x Construction Rate
1000 sq ft House Construction Cost 2023
For example, take a plot of area 25 x 40 feet on which house construction is required to be done
25 x 40 = 1000 Square Feet (Area)
The average house construction rate is Rs. 1200 per square feet.
Therefore, 1000 x 1200 = 1200,000 (12 lakhs)
1000 Sqft will cost around 12 lakhs for only ground floor construction.
Material Quantity and Cost
1. Cement (12.8%) = 1,53,600 Rs.
2. Steel (11%) = 1,35,000 Rs.
3. Sand (6.2%) = 74,880 Rs.
4. Gravel (4%) = 48,600 Rs.
5. Flooring, Painting, Tiles & Bricks (10%) = 1,23,888 Rs.
6. Window, Doors, Plumbing, Electrical & Sanitary Fittings (8%) = 96,000 Rs.
7. Architecture Cost (Plan, Design, Elevation & Supervision) (10%) = 1,20,000 Rs.
8. Labour Cost (37%) = 4,48,032 Rs.
Total Cost = 1,53,600 + 1,35,000 + 74,880 + 48,600 + 1,23,888 + 96,000 + 1,20,000 + 4,48,032
1000 sq ft house construction cost = 12,00,000 Rs.
1500 sq ft House Construction Cost 2023
For example, take a plot of area 30 x 50 feet on which house construction is required to be done
30 x 40 = 1500 Square Feet (Area)
The average house construction rate is Rs. 1500 per square feet.
Therefore, 1500 x 1500 = 22,50,000 (22.5lakhs)
1500 Sq ft house construction will cost around 22.5 lakhs for only ground floor construction
Material Quantity and Cost
1. Cement (12.8%) = 1,92,000 Rs.
2. Steel (11%) = 1,68,750 Rs.
3. Sand (6.2%) = 96,600 Rs.
4. Gravel (4%) = 60,750 Rs.
5. Flooring, Painting, Tiles & Bricks (10%) = 1,54,860 Rs.
6. Window, Doors, Plumbing, Electrical & Sanitary Fittings (8%) = 1,20,000 Rs.
7. Architecture Cost (Plan, Design, Elevation & Supervision) (10%) = 1,50,000 Rs.
8. Labour Cost (37%) = 5,60,040 Rs.
Total Cost = 1,92,000 + 1,68,750 + 96,600 + 60,750 + 1,54,860 + 1,20,000 + 1,50,000 + = 5,60,040
1000 sq ft house construction cost = 15,00,000 Rs.
Download House Construction Cost Calculation Excel Sheet
Free Download Residential Construction Cost Estimator Excel from the below link,
How to use House Construction Cost Calculator
The following steps to be followed to calculate the cost of construction of the house,
1. Enter the area of plot in feet (Width of plot and length of the plot)
2. Select a Suitable construction Rate (Rate of construction contactor charging in your area)
3. Enter Materials Rate ( Choose suitable material rate according to the market condition in your area)
4. Calculate Your House Construction Cost In Excel Sheet
You May Also Like:
- 1000 sq ft House Construction Cost | Labour Cost for 1000 sq ft House | 1000 sq ft House Material Required | Construction cost of 1000 sqft house in India
- House Construction Cost Estimator
- Building Estimation Excel Sheet | Construction Cost Estimate Template Excel | Construction Material Calculator Excel | Building Estimate Format In Excel India
- Cost of Construction of One Room | 10*10 room Construction Cost In India | Cost to Build 12×12 Room in India | 10×10 Room Estimate | One Room Construction Cost