What Is WPC Board?
WPC Full form is Wood Plastic Composite Board. WPC board high strength and long-lasting material utilized for building construction, home furniture, decks, and other purposes.
This is the era of new research, innovation, and development in each and every field of engineering. Every year a new construction material is invented to save costs and the environment.
The effort is increased to create eco-friendly building materials whose manufacturing and use cause less damage to our ecology.
WPC board means Wood Plastic Composite board is one this material which a composite material made by bonding together a plastic and wood fibers.
As its word might be indicated, Wood Plastic Composite (WPC) is an element generated from a different natural wood blend and plastic fibers, peanut hulls, pulp, bamboo, sawdust, and unusual woodworking materials, like bark, from a variety of projects, are mixed with plastic powder to create WPC.
WPC Full form is Wood Plastic Composite Board. WPC board high strength and long-lasting material utilized for building construction and other purposes.
It is manufactured by mixing fiber and wood finely grinded particles and thermoplastics materials. It can be manufactured from Plastic material composites.
The WPC board made up of wooden materials and plastic material can use for high-strength coating on furniture.
WPC (Wood Plastic Composite Boards) has 70% of virgin polymer and 15% of wood powder, and left 15% additive-chemical.
WPC is utilized for decks, landscaping, floors, windows, fences, doors, rails, internal or external wall cladding.
WPC boards are made up of wooden fibers waster materials and thermoplastics materials. They mix well to prepare a rich consistency material and which can be given different shapes and cut into various dimensions.
WPC boards are an effective alternative for natural wood, as well as plywood. WPC Boards are the get over of the whole difficulty faced with plywood. WPC boards possess good internal strength, weight, and above all, and no plants or trees are cut in their creation.
WPC Board Size Available In Market
Its available in following sizes
4 ft by 8 ft (1220 mm to 2240 mm),
- Thickness = 0.20 inch (5 mm)
- Thickness = 0.24 inch (6 mm)
- Thickness = 0.30 inch (7.5 mm)
- Thickness = 0.43 inch (11 mm)
- Thickness = 0.47 inch (12 mm)
- Thickness = 0.67 inch (17 mm)
- Thickness = 0.71 inch (18 mm)
Advantages Of WPC Boards
The WPC board advantages are as follows;
- WPC boards are generally 100% termite-proof and waterproof. Which indicates they are a durable commodity. Many of the vendors offer a lifetime guarantee on the commodity when it gets to existing waterproof shades and termite-proof boards.
- WPC does not corrode and is highly protected from rot, decay, and marine borer attack. Though they do consume water into the wood fiber embedded in the element.
- WPC board does not need oiling, staining, and painting and it prevents utilizing potentially polluting preservative but if you need Duco paint or texture paint you can do it, only the thing is main you have to apply PVC primer on the board.
- You can cut at all designs on WPC boards with a CNC router. The finishing of the WPC jali (grill) is better than MDF and tougher also.
- As per necessity and desire, It can be molded into various shapes and sizes. Due to this, it can be utilized for creating designer doors and windows which will provide you a creative look and fine polishing.
- It is a polymer-based commodity it is self-extinguishing and does not ignite the fire when in touch with a fire source.
- WPC Board is a fire retardant material. It is not allow the fire to get circulate it is not burn with fire. Whereas plywood helps the fire to circulate because it burns with fire. So WPC is a decent option when you select a panel for a fire-prone area.
- Eco-Friendly – They are unrestricted of methanol, urea, formaldehyde, lead, and additional hazardous chemicals. This dangerous volatile chemical enters the human body through contact and inhalation and causes serious health-related difficulty.
- Particularly in children and the elder community. WPC is 100% VOC free and similarly, it isnot emit formaldehyde in the environment.
- No trees are cut in their making, which indicates they are environment-friendly commodities leading to a green revolution. It is produced with rice husk and wheat husk and virgin thermoplastics.
- WPC board is a made up of two material waste plastic and woode fibers. Therfore it is known as durable and eco-frinedly building materials. It entered with guaranteed quality which contains the foaming agents, modifier, stabilizers, and various ingredients that are mixed in a specific and strict ratio.
- Pasting of WPC board With Veneer or laminate can be done with the use of FevicolHeatx adhesive. The surface should be rubbed with 80 number sandpaper for sufficient bonding. To provide additional thicknesses 2 WPC boards can be jointed with the help of cement or PVC solvent
- All varieties of screws and nails can be smoothly nailed with the use of a conventional tool. WPC boards have a decent screw and nail holding capability than plywood. Even you can screw and unscrew at a similar position greater than 10 times. It does not get loose.
- It will not rot, crack, warp as additional timber utilized for interior and furniture making. You can utilize WPC boards in sunlight, it does not get spoiled in the sunshine. You have to only paint or polish it after specific periods and it will remain modern and strong for years. You can utilize weather coat paint and PO polish on the WPC board. Similarly, it is a maintenance-free element.
Disadvantages of WPC Board
The WPC Board Disadvantages as follows,
- WPC board resistance to high temperature is decient than wood.
- The laser cutter cannot be utilized on WPC boards as it will burn the boards.
- It comprises a plastic waste and finers of wood so the shortcoming of both this element will be existing in it.
- Its cost is high with while comparing with other products used in his category.
- It lacks the natural wooden texture due to which the impression of natural wood is losing.
- WPC board material is not natural wood.
- These material is not free from maintenance cost.
- The decks made of WPC board demands the regular cleaning of leaves and debris. It is also required to clean it with water and soap.
- It weight is more comapre to commonly used wooden materials.
WPC Board Applications & Uses
Following are the Uses and Applications Of WPC
1. Outside Decks
It is mostly utilized in outdoor decks and patios. The manufacturers of WPC give several decking choices such as solid decking, hollow decking, mosaic decking, and many more.
2. Fence work
WPC boards are popularly used for fencing posts and other compounding work due to their high strength and good weather resistance.
3. Panel Work
It can be used for indoor and outdoor paneling work due to its long-lasting and high-strength properties.
4. Interior Work Finishing
It is used for making interior furniture items for example kitchen drawers and cabiates, bathroom vanity, internal wall partition, etc,.
5. Other Applications
WPC boards can be utilized in interior applications, exterior applications, and for advertisement.
It is used for making modular kitchen design, office furniture, paneling of wall, ceiling remedy, wardrobes, industrial compartment, control cabinets and panels, bathroom cabinets, window, and doors frame, and railing.
In exterior applications, WPC boards can be utilized in constructions/ shuttering boards, exterior wall cladding, garden furniture, park benches and fencing, prefabrication house, different exterior applications, outdoor deck flooring.
For advertising, WPC boards can be utilized in signboards, display boards, direct digital printing, exhibition stands, and graphics.
Features WPC Board
Wood-plastic composite is another type of building material prepared from blends of thermoplastic and wood fiber to generate durable and strong material. It is a flexible material that can be utilized for a wide range of objectives such as doors, windows, fences, decking, and flooring. Here are some benefits of the WPC board;
1. Multiple Application
WPC sheets are utilized as planks and tiles on gardens, exterior claddings, building facades, outward children’s sports equipment, etc. It is customized with desired printing and texture. Its lightweight, durability, the comfort of application, and maintenance create it desirable over traditional wood.
It is greatly utilized on terraces and balconies due to its lighter weight. It is independent of splintering and warping due to exposure to moisture. The non-corrosive, antibacterial, and reliable nature renders its application profound in bathrooms, kitchens, wall claddings, and false ceilings.
2. Retards Fire
The wood plastic composite (WPC) is not completely fire resistant but it hinders it from circulating. Plastics possess great calefaction and can melt easily creating them a fire hazard.
To neutralize this nature of plastic wood is existing in the composite. Thus, increasing the amount of wood fiber in the wood plastic composite enhances the performance against a fire.
3. Similar Carpentry As That Of Wood
Wood Plastic Composite (WPC) can be cut simply like wood. The tools utilized for wooden carpentry have similar applications here. Cutting, nailing, drilling, and sand finishing, all operations are feasible on WPC simply like wood.
The capacity to blend thermoplastic and wood fiber creates it highly water-resistant. It will be desirable for outdoor objectives such as decking and fencing. It is extremely utilized as a construction material and also utilized for creating chairs and tables.
5. Low-maintenance And Higher Life Span
The material is extremely durable can able to resist any hazardous weather conditions with minor maintenance care. It similarly bug resistance is perfectly suited for outward decking. Its appearance lasts longer as same as the recent one, thus decrease the maintenance work.
It has a longer life period distinguished from timber woods. can alter to any kind of weather conditions like summer, winter, and rainfall. Its longer life period created it adequate for outdoor decking and fencing.
WPC Board Price
WPC boards are available in the standard size of 8 ft x 4 ft (2440 mm x 1220 mm) with various thinness like 5 mm, 6 mm, 7.5mm, 11mm, and many more as per requirement different sizes of WPC board.
WPC board price in India given below,
|Plastic||Rs 70/Square Feet||Rs 180/Square Feet|
|Wood||Rs 42/Square Feet||Rs 123/Square Feet|
Why WPC Board Is Comfortable For Interior Designing?
The modern Wood Plastic Composite (WPC) boards and flooring material proposal several new and different advantages over the old materials that were utilized for interior designing projects earlier.
The WPC boards can be treated with colorants and hence they can assume various attractive designs that are wonderful for the eyes as well. Here are some of the particular safety-related advantages that simply the pleasing WPC board and Interior designing products can give.
1. Excellent Water Resistance
Various interior designing projects require boards, floorings, and additional products that have excellent water resistance. A WPC board can beat all its counterparts in this concern as it can give outstanding resistance to moisture.
This is because of its inherent micro composition and system. The WPC Interior designing commodities utilized in a toilet, bathroom, kitchen, and different residential areas can fulfill their purpose for a long time duration while preserving the wonderful aesthetic appeal.
2. Best Value For Money
Customers today wish for decent value for the money they expend. WPC boards give for the uplifting of looks and impart considerable security and usefulness to the structure, while also possessing a long life.
A WPC foam board does not warp, splinter, or fade and similarly does not need any staining and painting. These are hence often desirable over wood and benefit towards reducing the instances of accidents as well.
Over a time of four years, the initially costly WPC boards begin to be more affordable. With time they can give satisfactory value for money, and a time-efficient interior designing solution.
3. No Fading For Decades
The WPC boards are managed with high-quality and high-impact UV inhibition pigments. Thus they can resist sunlight rays and different adverse agents for a huge period. The reliable boards may not fade for up to 25 years or almost additional.
Interior designers glance for solutions that conserve their color and shape for a long duration so that the results obtain high quality and are there to be appreciated for long-duration intervals. WPC boards are the decent solutions that can give the greatest anti-weathering advantages.
4. Fire Retardant Properties
As the WPC boards contain both plastics and wood powder, they can resist fire for an extensively longer period interval. They can be accordingly preferred over wood, plywood, and different kinds of interior designing commodities at any instance.
The WPC boards, floorings, and decking solutions have verified their worth over a duration of time. They are durable, safe, and highly comfortable solutions for various kinds of interior designing projects, as they have a better desired inherent built and composition.
In conclusion, WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) boards have become a popular choice in various industries due to their durability and versatility, they combine the benefits of plastic and wood and offering resistance to moisture, rot and insects along with low maintenance requirements.
However, WPC boards have disadvantages, such as susceptibility to temperature variations and a potential lack of authenticity compared to real wood, the WPC context is Wood Plastic Composite, and it accurately representing the customization option, allowing for unique sizes, colors, textures, finish and shapes, despite their drawbacks, WPC boards remain a viable alternative for achieving eco-friendly and aesthetically pleasing results.
What is a WPC Board?
WPC stands for Wood Plastic Composite. A WPC board is a type of engineered wood product made from a combination of wood fibers or sawdust and thermoplastics, such as polyethylene, polypropylene, or PVC. It is used as a building material for various applications.
What are the advantages of using WPC boards?
WPC boards offer several advantages, including high durability, resistance to rot and decay, low maintenance requirements, moisture resistance, termite resistance, and a natural wood-like appearance. They are also available in a variety of colors and finishes.
Can WPC boards be used outdoors?
Yes, WPC boards are suitable for outdoor applications. They are highly resistant to moisture, rot, and decay, making them a popular choice for decking, fencing, and other exterior structures.
How are WPC boards different from solid wood?
WPC boards are engineered wood products, whereas solid wood is derived directly from trees. WPC boards are a composite material, combining wood fibers or sawdust with thermoplastics, whereas solid wood is a natural, solid piece of wood. WPC boards offer greater durability and resistance to environmental factors compared to solid wood.
You Might Also Like