Choosing new colors for your home is the most exciting work. We can probably spend hours for searching inspirational looks but not think about which types of painting brush is used.
However, selecting paint colors and Types of Paint Brushes are equally important. Because just only expensive colors do not give a good vibe to the home but how to apply paint is the main part. So that below described the type of brushes used in paint.
Painting brushes are available in some variations in size, shape, the material of filaments, and Bristle style. For example, water-based paint you can only use synthetics Bristle brush.
Same as it is a different area like a painting of a wall, ceiling area where the use of a large brush. For finishing work use a different brush.
Types of Paint Brushes
The following types of paint brushes are used
- Natural Bristle Brushes
- Synthetic Brushes
- Large paint brushes
- Small Bristles paintbrush
- Medium size Paintbrushes
- Flat sash brushes
- Angled sash brushes
- Round Sash Paintbrushes
- Flagged-Bristle Paintbrushes
- Finishing Brushes
- Foam Brushes
- Stencil Brushes
Natural Bristle Brushes
Natural bristle brushes are made up of animal hairs which include hair of ox, camel, horse, etc. this type of brush is used for only oil–based paints, varnish, enamel, and decorative chalk paint. This brush holds more paint and is also easy to apply.
Natural bristle brushes are not suitable for latex paint (water–based paint) because it absorbs the too much water which presents in the latex paint. Where advanced finishing is required at that time ox hair bristles brushes are used for painting.
Synthetic bristle brushes are generally used for latex paint. Synthetic brushes are made from high–quality plastic like polyester, polyester blend nylon, or a combination of nylon and polyester.
A nylon bristle brush is used for water–based paint or latex paint and polyester bristle brushes are used for wood, shellac, etc.
Large Paint Brushes
Large paintbrushes are generally used for a large area of the house. Also, it is used for exterior face and interior face. Because large paintbrushes hold more paint comparatively to any other brushes
so that they cover a large area of houses such as ceiling, walls, etc. they have longer bristles and short handles.
Small Bristles Paint Brushes
This type of brush is used for a small area of painting such as door and windows frame, ceilings, corners, etc. small paintbrush is delicate and tiny. They have a long handle.
A small brush is known as a cutter brush. It is generally used for water–based paint.
Medium Size Paint Brushes
As the name suggests this is used for a medium area of paint such as a painting of door, window, cabinets, wall, ceiling area, etc. in medium brush size of brushes are change according to the work.
Flat Sash Brushes
A flat brush is long, thin, and narrow in shape with the trim bristle. Thin in shape so that easy to flip the paint on the surface.
it is used for painting cupboards, doors, and windows.
Angled Sash Brushes
Angles sash brushes are short and narrow in shape with slant edges. This slant is provided at 14 degrees on the tip of a brush.
Due to slant, it gives greater flexibility for work. This type of brush is used for detailing work.
Round Sash Paint Brushes
Round sash brushes have a soft edge with a tapered end. Its size range is available from 20 to 44 mm. generally used for decorative work like furniture paint, painting of faux, etc.
Flagged-Bristle Paint Bushes
This brush is splitting in nature at the end and flagged bristles. So that they hold more paint and give full coverage.
Also, give a smooth and clean finish.
This brush gives a smooth finish of paint due to its soft bristles. Also, it is easy to use and inexpensive.
The finishing brush is used for painting cabinets and doors, windows, etc.
Foam brushes are not suitable for full wall painting. These brushes are specially designed for use with stain, urethane, and paint.
A stencil brush is used for stenciling work on the wall. This brush is unique. They have more compact bristles and round shapes.
Roller vs. Paint Brush
- Paint brushes are used for cut in and cut out of smaller area and also used for trims, corners and paint of edges.
- Paintbrush is used to give a textured effect.
- Brushes are small in size and flexible so that easy to work with brush.
- Before using a paintbrush verify the type of paint.
- Synthetic or nylon paintbrushes are suitable for water based paint.
- Natural paint brushes are suitable for varnish, satins and oil–based paint etc.
- Roller is more suitable for large and plain area such as walls, ceilings and furniture.
- Rollers have porous surfaces so that they hold more paint as compare to paint brush.
- Different finishes can be achieved with using different rollers.
- Also, rollers have a smooth finish so they produce an even and smooth finish of paint.
Care Should be taken for Paint Brush:
- Buying good paint for your home is as same important as taking care of your paintbrush.
- Because the finishing of paint is more important for aesthetic purpose. This finishing depends upon how to apply paint with using painting tools.
- After finish painting work, brushes can be clean using soapy water or warm water. Then hang your brushes for drying a bristles.
- Alternatively, brushes are laid on flat surfaces to prevent the curling effect of bristles.
You May Also Like
- What Is Paint | Paint Definition | Painting Components | Properties of Paints
- Types of Paint Finishes | Paint Finishes for Walls
- How to Get Rid of Paint Smell | Remove Paint Fumes
- Types of Plastering Finishes | Exterior & Interior Plaster Finishes
Which are the type of paintbrushes?
The following types of paint brushes are used:
What is Natural Bristle Brush?
Natural bristle brushes are made up of animal hairs which include hair of ox, camel, horse, etc. this type of brush is used for only oil–based paint, varnish.
What is a Synthetic Brush?
Synthetic bristle brushes are generally used for latex paint. Synthetic brushes are made from polyester, polyester blend nylon, or a combination of nylon and polyester.