Cement is one of the most popular and essential building materials used in the construction industry. After cement entry in construction, all the other materials like lime and clay which are highly used for hundreds of years was replaced by cement.
Its main function is to provide strength and bond together all other materials used with it.
Some of the reasons for its popularity and universal acceptance are listed below:
- Cement can be manufactured in large volumes in specified controlled conditions, packed and transported over long distances.
- Cement is 10 times more stronger comapre to lime and clay.
- Cement can be easily used with other locally available materials.
- When it is stored at normal temperature, does not deteriorate or damage for a reasonably long time.
- When cement is mixed with water, it start gaining strength within 30 min and achieve its maximum strength in 24 to 48 hours comapre to other material take long time than cement.
- When water is mixed with quick lime, it exibit lots of heat while in case of cement when mixed with water it generate less heat of hydration comapre to lime.
- It can resist compressive stresses as well.
- In case of tension and shear stresses occur it offers a good bond to steel reinforcement and transfers excess stresses to steel.
- Cement is manufactured from the materials like limestone, hematite, bauxite, clay etc which are abundantly available in upper crust of the earth.
Most Used Cement In India
The followings are the two best types of cement for house construction.
There are two most common types of cement which are generally used in house construction,
1. Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
- It attains the strength in less time.
- It is available in three grades: Grade 33, Grade 43, and Grade 53.
Grade 33 and Grade 43 OPC cement are the old grade of cement used for residential construction and nowadays it is replaced by OPC 53 grade of cement.
OPC 53 grade cement is the best cement for concrete.
2. Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
PPC has now become the first choice because of the use of pozzolanic materials that imparts better properties to the cement. The strength of this cement is equivalent to OPC 53 Grade cement.
Some of the advantages of using PPC are,
- It is cheaper than the OPC.
- It facilitates better workability.
- Better resistance against chemicals.
One thing you should keep in mind while choosing between OPC and PPC is how many days you want to remove the formwork. The concrete mix takes made from PPC takes more time to set than OPC. So choose accordingly.
All Cement Rate List Today 2022
All Cement Price List Today is given in the table,
|Cement Brand||Grade of Cement||Price (Rs.)|
|Ultratect Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 430|
|Ambuja Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 420|
|ACC Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 385|
|Birla Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 440|
|JK Lakshmi Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 390|
|Dalmia Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 450|
|Jaypee Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 380|
|Shree Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 330|
|Banger Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 340|
|Coromandel Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 430|
|Priya Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 400|
|Ramco Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 430|
|Sanghi Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 400|
|Hathi Cement||53 Grade OPC||Rs. 350|
Cement Comsumption In India
The consumption volume of cement in India from the financial year 2009 to 2022, with estimates until 2022,
Top 10 Cement Companies In India
The following are the top cement companies in India 2022,
- UltraTech Cement
- Ambuja Cement
- ACC Cement
- Shree Cement
- Birla Cement
- JK Cement
- Binani Cement
- Jaypee Cement
- Dalmia Cement
- India Cement
Cement Price List 2021
Cement Price per bag in India,
You May Also Like
- Which Cement Is Best for House Construction | Which Cement Is Best | Best Cement In India | Best Cement for Slab | Best Cement For Roof
- 10 Best Cement | Top 10 Best Cement In India | Top 10 Cement Companies In India | Which Cement Is Best In India
- Top 10 Best Tiles Company In India | Top Tiles Brand In India
- What Is 53 Grade Cement | Difference between 33, 43 and 53 Grade Cement | 43 Grade Cement | 33 Grade Cement | Difference between 43 and 53 Grade Cement
- Cement Quality | How to Check Cement Quality on Site | How to Check Cement Grade | How to Identify Cement Grade