House Construction Cost Calculator
When we think about constructing a new house probable there is one question that hits our mind what would be the cost of construction.
This common question arises in our minds when we take the decision of building a new home. Here I am sharing the house construction cost calculator excel sheet to calculate the cost of construction.
To know the approximate cost of construction or house construction cost we start searching for a source where we can calculate or get the cost of construction. There are many reasons we won’t know that the cost like,
Residential Construction Cost Estimator Excel
- I have enough fund for construction
- Should I have to take a loan for construction?
- How many funds are lacking for construction
- Construction cost gives a prior idea to arrange the fund.
Sometimes, we want to know the construction cost for comparing the cost given by contractors and it is the right way of thinking to compare cost.
Because many contractors tell too much high cost than the actual cost of construction. But with proper knowledge about house construction costs and how it is calculated, we can avoid this kind of fraud.
So, I am going to help you and all who want to know, what will be the approximate cost of construction of their house. I am sharing some self-experience data and analysis so you can understand how the cost is calculated.
Read More: 17 Tips For How To Reduce Construction Cost
How to Calculate Construction Cost per Square Feet
As you decide to build a new house search for contractors to get information about the construction rate in your area. house construction cost calculator excel India
What Is Construction Rate?
It is the cost of money charged by a builder or contractor for 1 sq. ft. construction in your area.
Construction rates per sqft are changed from location to location depending on the availability of local construction material. For if you are constructing a house in an urban area where construction materials are easily available at a competitive rate, the rate of the construction area is lower.
On the other hand, if you are constructing any structure in a rural area where the availability of construction material is less and there is a need for transportation, the rate of construction will go higher.
The average cost of construction is about 800 to 1200 Rs. per sq. ft.
Sometimes it splits into the following categories,
- For Normal Quality Construction = 800 Rs./ Sq. ft.
- For Medium Quality Construction = 1000 Rs./ Sq. ft.
- For High Quality Construction = 1200 to 1500 Rs. / Sq. ft.
Approximate cost on various work of material to complete the construction for 800 sq ft
So, if you are having an 800 sq. ft area and you want to construct a normal quality construction the rate of construction per will be around 1000 rs. per sq. ft.
Cost of construction = Area of plot x Construction rate per Sq. ft.
= 800 x 1000
= 8,00,000 Rs. (including all labor and materials cost)
If Someone wants to know how this cost comes from and asks about what is the cost of materials and labor, then we need to calculate material quantity separately.
I have made a House Construction Cost Calculator Excel sheet with separate quantity calculations.
How to Use House Construction Cost Calculator Excel Sheet
1. Enter your plot area like length and width in feet.
2. Change Your Construction cost per sq ft rate in a given field.
3. Change the rate of the material. Add your local area material rate in the field to get accurate results. (if you don’t have kept it the same still it give accurate result)
4. Check the construction cost of the house. There will be 60% Material cost, 30% Labor cost, and 10 % contractor profit.
5. So, the Total Cost of Construction or House construction cost will be Rs. 8 Lakes.
Read More: Calculate Construction Cost for House
Free Download House Construction Cost Calculator Excel
Free Download Residential Construction Cost Estimator Excel from below link,
Construction Material Calculator Excel Sheet Download
10 x 10 ft. Plasterwork Quantity and Cost Calculation Excel Sheet Free Downloads
How do I estimate the cost of building a house?
Calculating the cost of building a house is a tedious process. First of all, we need to know the market price of each and every material to be used for construction. The process of calculating the cost is simplified further in various steps and starting the calculation from the foundation is beneficial. However, preferring excel sheets available online might solve your problem easily.
How much does a 1500 square foot house cost?
The cost of construction widely depends on the type of house to be constructed, the quality of the material used, and the region in which construction is carried out. However, on average it might cost you around $100,000 to $110,000 for 1500 square foot house. Refer your architecture or engineer to know the estimated cost of the house.
What is the cost of construction per sq ft?
The average cost of construction per square foot is between Rs.1500 to Rs.5000 or $20 to $70.
However, this might also vary depending on various construction factors.
House Construction Cost
The construction cost of a house calculates are construction rate per square foot in that area which depends on the local materials rate and the labor rate. If the area of the plot is 1000 sqft and the construction rate taken by the contractor is 1200 rs. per sqft then house construction cost will be around 12 lakh.
How to Calculate Construction Cost per Square Feet
The area of the plot is an 800 sq. ft area and you want to construct a normal quality construction the rate of construction per will be around 1000 rs. per sq. ft. Cost of construction = Area of plot x Construction rate per sq. ft. = 800 x 1000 = 8,00,000 Rs. (including all labor and materials cost)
You May Also Like
- 1000 sq ft House Construction Cost | Labour Cost for 1000 sq ft House
- Cost of Construction of One Room | 10*10 room Construction Cost in India
- Building Estimation Excel Sheet
- House Construction Estimate
- House Construction Cost Calculator Excel sheet | 1000 sq ft House Construction Cost | House Construction Cost Calculator | Construction Cost Per Square Feet | 1000 sq ft House Construction Cost