1000 sq ft House Construction Cost In India
The cost of constructing a 1000 sq ft house in India can vary depending on several factors such as the location, quality of materials used, design complexity, and labour costs. As a rough estimate, the construction cost of a 1000 sq ft house in India can range from approximately Rs. 15 lakhs to Rs. 25 lakh.
However, it’s important to note that this is just a rough estimate and the actual cost may vary based on the specific requirements and factors that affect the cost of construction. For a more accurate cost estimate, it’s recommended to consult with a professional architect or a construction company, who can provide a detailed cost estimate based on the specific requirements and location of the construction site.
When you take the decision of constructing a new house the following questions arise in your mind.
- What will be the construction cost?
- What will the materials cost?
- What will be the labor charges?
- What will be the electrical, and plumbing costs
- What will be the total construction cost?
So, In this article, we will provide you with answers to this important question that arises when you think about constructing a new house.
Read More: Building Estimation Excel Sheet Free Download
1000 square feet House Cost
The following are steps to calculate the Construction cost of a 1000 sqft house in India.
Suppose your plot area is 1000 sq. ft.
Step-1: Find out the construction rate in your area
The construction rate is the charge or costs the contractor takes for sq. ft. house construction. construction rate unit is rs. / sq ft. For example, the construction rate is 1000 rs. / sq. ft.
The construction rate may vary depending on the contractor. try to find out lower construction rate charging and quality work providing the contractor in your area.
There is always a risk in choosing a contractor with a lower construction rate that may not provide quality work as per your requirement. So, do good research work on his past construction project before assigning work to him.
Step – 2: Decide how to assign work
1) Labour Contract Only: A labor contract means you only assign or give the labor work to the contractor and materials will be yours. So, you have to provide materials supply on-site.
but, this method may not be suitable for you if you are doing the job because for materials supply you have to do lots of market surveys and keep running to continue the work on-site.
So, if you are free or you can take a 3-4 month holiday then you can do it otherwise it will not suitable for you.
but, there are various advantages to assigning labor contact to contractors.
- You can choose the materials that you want
- The material of your choice means quality is assured.
- The contractor uses materials as per requirement don’t try to save them.
- You have full control of materials quality that’s important for house construction.
2) Material + Labour Contract:
In this type of contract, you assign the whole work to a contractor. it means materials and labor supply will be from the contractor’s side you don’t need to worry about it.
If you don’t have time to stay on-site and supply material then you can assign all work to a contractor at some fixed construction rate.
There are various disadvantages of materials + labor contact:
- The contractor may not buy quality materials for you as he wants to save as much as possible
- The contractor doesn’t allow to use of the required materials in construction as he wants to save and increase his profit.
- Quality of materials is not assured because you don’t have control over that.
- The contactor may be used second quality materials.
Step-3 How to Calculate House Construction Cost
For example, your plot area is 1000 sq. ft. and you want to build a house on that.
The contractor’s construction rate is 1000 rs./ sq. ft.
Cost of Construction = 1000 x 10000 = 10,00,000 (10 lakh)
The contractor will charge you 10 lakh for the construction of the house from the foundation to the finish.
1000 sq ft House Material Required
Following are the materials and their quantity required for 1000 sq ft house construction cost:
|1||Cement (Bags)||430||340||14.62||₹ 1,46,200|
|2||Steel (Kg)||2500||50||12.50||₹ 1,25,000|
|3||Sand (Cu.ft.)||1200||52||6.24||₹ 62,400|
|4||Gravel (Cu. ft.)||1349||50||6.75||₹ 67,450|
|5||Bricks (Nos.)||7300||6.5||5||₹ 47,450|
|6||Tiles (Sq. ft.)||700||45||3.15||₹ 31,500|
|7||Color (Liters)||120||250||3.00||₹ 30,000|
|8||Windows, Doors, Plumbing|
|9||Labour Cost||All Work||35||₹ 3,50,000|
|10||Engineer Fees||Plan and Design||2||₹ 20,000|
So, for a 1000 sq ft house construction cost will be around Rs 10 lakh to Rs 12 lakh depending upon the material and labor costs. You can also confirm, the cost by taking the advice of the local builder or architect to know the construction cost.
Read More: Cost of Construction of One Room (10 ft. X 10 ft.)
You May Also Like:
- House Construction Cost Calculator Excel Sheet Free Download
- Building Estimation Excel Sheet – Full Quantity Calculation
- The Standard Room Size & Location In A House
- Construction Materials Price List 2021 (Building Materials List and Price)
House Construction Cost In India
The cost of house construction in India varies as per various locations in the countries. But, we consider 1000 rs. per square feet rate as an average rate of construction, then house construction cost for 1000 sqft will be around 10 lacks.
Construction Cost for 1200 sq ft
A medium-quality house construction rate of 1000 to 1100 per square foot. So 1000 square foot house should cost between 12 to 13.20 lakh. A High-quality house construction rate anywhere from 1500 to 2500 per square foot. So a 1000 square foot house would cost between 18 to 30 lakh.
2 thoughts on “1000 sq ft House Construction Cost”
Thanks for this useful information
Your writing skills just amazing