When anyone thinks about constructing a new house for them, they start to search for house construction costs. They try to relate the what is 1000 sqft house construction cost with their construction.
When you take decision of constructing new house following questions arise in mind.
- What will be the construction cost?
- What will be the materials costing?
- What will be labor charges?
- What will be electrical, plumbing costing.
- What will be the total construction cost?
So, In this article, we will provide you answers to this important question which arises when you think about constructing a new house.
1000 sq ft House Construction Cost
Suppose you plot area is 1000 sq. ft.
Step-1: Find out the construction rate in your area:
The construction rate is the charge or costs the contractor takes for sq. ft. house construction. construction rate unit is rs. / sq ft. For example, the construction rate is 1000 rs. / sq. ft.
Construction rate may vary depending on contractor. try to find out lower construction rate charging and quality work providing contractor in your area.
There is always a risk in choosing a contractor with a lower construction rate that may not provide quality work as per your requirement. So, do good research work on his past construction project before assigning work to him.
Step – 2: Decide how to assign work:
1 ) Labour Contract Only: Labour contract means you only assign or give the labor work to the contractor and materials will be yours. So, you have to provide materials supply on-site.
but, this method may not be suitable for you if you are doing the job because for materials supply you have to do lots of market survey and keep running to continue the work on-site.
So, if you are free or you can take 3-4 month holiday then you can do it otherwise it will not suitable for you.
but, there are various advantages in assigning labour contact to contrator.
- You can choose the materials that you want
- The material of your choice means quality assured.
- The contractor use materials as per requirement don’t try to save them.
- You have full control on materials quality that’s important for house construction.
2) Material + Labour Contract:
In this type of contract, you assign the whole work to a contractor. it means materials and labor supply will be from the contractor’s side you don’t need to worry about it.
If you don’t have time to stay on-site and supply material then you can assign all work to a contractor at some fixed construction rate.
There are various disadvantages of materials + labour contact:
- The contractor may not buy quality materials for you as he wants to save as much as possible
- The contractor doesn’t allow to use the required materials in construction as he wants to save and increase his profit.
- Quality of materials not assured because you don’t have control over that.
- The contactor may be used second quality materials.
Step-3 How to Calculate 1000 sq ft House Construction Cost:
For example you plot area is 1000 sq. ft. and you want to built house on that.
Contractor’s construction rate is 1000 rs./ sq. ft.
Cost of Construction = 1000 x 10000 = 10,00,000 (10 lakh)
Contractor will charge you 10 lakh for construction of house from foundation to finish.
1000 sq ft House Material Required
Following are the materials and their quantity required for 1000 sq ft house construction cost:
|1||Cement (Bags)||430||340||14.62||₹ 1,46,200|
|2||Steel (Kg)||2500||50||12.50||₹ 1,25,000|
|3||Sand (Cu.ft.)||1200||52||6.24||₹ 62,400|
|4||Gravel (Cu. ft.)||1349||50||6.75||₹ 67,450|
|5||Bricks (Nos.)||7300||6.5||5||₹ 47,450|
|6||Tiles (Sq. ft.)||700||45||3.15||₹ 31,500|
|7||Color (Liters)||120||250||3.00||₹ 30,000|
|8||Windows, Doors, Plumbing|
|9||Labour Cost||All Work||35||₹ 3,50,000|
|10||Engineer Fees||Plan and Design||2||₹ 20,000|
So, for 1000 sq ft house construction cost will be around Rs 10 lakh to Rs 12 lakh for depending upon the material and labor costing. You can also confirm, cost by taking advice of the local builder or architect to know the construction cost.
Free Download 1000 sq ft House Construction Cost Excel Sheet:
Watch Video: How to Use 1000 sq ft House Construction Cost Excel Sheet
You May Also Like:
- House Construction Cost Calculator Excel Sheet Free Download
- Building Estimation Excel Sheet – Full Quantity Calculation
- The Standard Room Size & Location In A House
- Construction Materials Price List 2021 (Building Materials List and Price)