The Types of houses are different from ancient times to modern times. Because of changes in people lifestyle. Today numbers of factors are responsible to buy a house in India.
Such as the financial status, culture of people, aesthetic look, type of building, material, location, geographical features, condition of climate, etc.
The property market has rapidly grown in the last couple of decades. Because every Indian people has a dream of a luxurious and stylish house.
So people continue to build their existing house, renovate the existing house and buy a new house as per requirement or lifestyle of them.
Types of Houses In India
The following types of houses are seen in India,
- Detached House
- Row house
- Apartment or Flats
- Form House
- Pent House
- Studio Flats
- Eco-Friendly House
India is famous for its heritage place and cultural history. In which India many magnificent palaces are located in different places.
The royal families who lived in once upon a time in India. Their lavish, and luxurious lifestyles are alive today. Today the most of these royal places are converted into museums, penthouses, tourist purposes, and hotels.
Hunt is the first house which is built by humans. Hunt is a simple and tiny shelter.
Generally, the Hunt is made of locally available and easily available materials so that cheap to build. Huts are mostly seen in rural areas of India.
A bungalow type house means that can be either a single-story building, two-story, and one-and-a-half-story building, and bungalows are built with slopping type roof or pitched type roof. Also, it is known as a small – cottage type dwelling unit.
Advantages of Bungalows
- More specious
- High privacy
- Easy to move surrounding the house
- Great playing for children
- Connect with nature
- Easy to maintain and clean
- In the future scope of remodel
- Scope of extension to the home
- Good for investor
- High in resell demand
Disadvantages of Bungalows
- Worried about security
- Lack of storage
- More expensive
- Renovation is required
4. Detached House
A detached dwelling unit means that the building does not share an outside wall with other houses or buildings. This dwelling unit excludes triplex, Fourplex, Duplex house, etc. the detached houses mostly stand-alone in residential structures.
5. Raw House
Raw House as the name suggests number of similar kinds of houses are constructed or arranged in one single row. These types of houses are constructed in considering a common wall between two plots. Also, the elevations of all houses are the same. Raw house is a single-family house.
Advantages of Raw House
- To required less maintenance.
- It is more affordable as compared to bungalows
- To give greater privacy.
Disadvantages of Raw House
- Less Freedom.
- A home owner fee is high.
- To feel congested.
- You have pet restriction.
Read More: East Facing House Plan as per Vastu Shastra
Duplexes houses have two stories or floors in the same building. It is a multi-family house. These duplex house two stories always share an outside wall as a common wall. The main purpose of sharing a common wall is to save the carpet area of the house. But the floor plan area can different.
Advantages of Duplex House
- Sources of addition income
- High in demand
- Easy to resell
- More in Privacy
- Good for living of multi family
Disadvantages of Duplex House
- Maintenance cost is high.
- No guarantee of rental income.
- More disturbances due to common wall.
The farmhouse is located away from the city or urban area. Which is the main purpose is an agricultural setting. In the past few decades, the vertical development of buildings or apartments has going fast.
This is responsible for the choked situation in terms of peace. So that investor started to invest in land which is located in a remote area and build with full of modern amenities.
Such as swimming pools, theaters, gardens, etc. so that most people attract to farmhouses and vacation houses.
8. Apartments or Flats
Modern building structures have several apartments or flats in them. The biggest advantage of such type of structure is each flat provide a set of room.
Where single or multi-family live together on one floor. Recently this type of accommodation facility has been most common across India.
Also full with lots of recreation places like an auditorium, gym, theater, Skating ring, swimming pool, etc.
Villa is generally identified as an upper–class home. Villas are come in several sizes and type from ultra–large villas to king–size villas.
This type of villa has a private swimming pool, garden, lawn, and driveway, etc. Nowadays villas have gained popularity because they provide refreshing greenery.
The condominium is also known as a condo building complex. The condo building is constructed similar to the flats but the main difference is the individual ownership of flats with sharing all other facilities.
Such as a garden, gym, outdoor play area, recreation area, and auditorium, etc. all facilities are maintained under the association.
Advantage of Condominiums
- Securities services
- All facilities are covered under maintenance
Disadvantage of Condominiums
- Restriction to use
- Used all amenities within a time limit
- Less Privacy
- Pay extra fees When damage the public properties
Penthouse is nothing new but the advanced version of multi–story flats or apartments on the topmost floor. This advancement/ moderation are achieved by elements and luxury features. Also, these houses are more lavishly and large as compared to other homes in that apartment.
The biggest advantage is personal access to a terrace which makes the penthouse very special and adds to the high ceiling inside the home. Pent houses are quite expensive as compared to other houses.
Advantages of Pent House
- More Spacious than other types of houses.
- Use the top roof Terrace.
- To visible good Far-ranging Views.
- To give symbol of high status.
- To give extra Natural Light.
- To provide a noise–free atmosphere.
- Customization in indoor as well as outdoor design.
Disadvantages of Penthouse
- Always depend upon the elevator.
- High Risk in natural hazard.
- For children play in this area little bit difficult.
- In summer to warm feel and in winter to cool feel.
- Away from nature because its top floor.
12. Studio Flats
Studio flats are not a new concept but they recently gained lots of popularity. This house is tiny but full of amenities. Also, this is popular in young working people.
Such as influencers, businessmen and socially active people, etc.the studio flat is divided into different compartments but has no separation or division of there.
13. Eco-friendly Homes
Eco –Friendly homes are also known as Green homes. This is low– impacted environmental house. Well designed and built using those materials and technology that required less energy consummation and reduced the rate of carbon footprint.
For water consumption used rainwater harvesting system. The most important feature of an Eco–friendly home is the naturally well ventilated so that is less used of non–renewable energy.
Advantage of Eco- friendly House
- Natural light or ventilation has improved the productivity and health of the occupant.
- Some places give subsidies and grants to build an Eco–friendly home.
- If you are using renewable energy sources and generate surplus energy then you can send it and earn additional income.
The disadvantage of Eco- friendly house
- Construction materials are not easily available in the local market.
- Initial construction cost is high.
- It required more construction time.
You May Also Like
- East Facing House Plan as per Vastu Shastra
- What Is OTS In House | Open To Sky In House Purpose In House
- Sustainable Homes | Eco-Friendly House | How to Build A Sustainable House
- House Construction Cost Calculator Excel sheet | 1000 sq ft House Construction Cost
- Fly Ash Bricks vs Red Bricks Which is Better? | Best Bricks for House Construction | Best Bricks for Home Construction | Fly Ash Bricks Price | Fly Ash Bricks Cost