A kitchen chimney is an essential appliance that keeps your kitchen free from smoke, fumes, and other harmful gases that can be produced while cooking. With various types of chimneys available in the market, it can be challenging to choose the right one for your kitchen.
In this article, we’ll discuss the top five types of chimneys for the kitchen, their benefits, and how to select the right one for your home.
Whether you’re remodeling your kitchen or looking to upgrade your existing chimney, this guide will provide you with valuable insights to make the right choice.
Types of Chimneys for Kitchen
The following are the best types of chimneys for kitchen
1. Wall Mounted Chimney
This wall-mounted chimney is an electrical chimney that is installed against the cooktop and wall. Also, it is placed adjacent to the wall and you can get chimneys in various sizes according to your kitchen space.
It gives different look to your kitchen with an affordable price range and the biggest advantage of using this wall-mounted chimney is that do not need to make extraordinary changes in your stop’s top portion.
The price range of wall-mounted chimneys is 6000 to 36000 INR.
- This chimney gives a stylish and modern look to your kitchen.
- This wall-mounted type of chimney is easily available in different sizes.
- Also, these chimneys are available in an affordable price range.
- It is suitable for all different kinds of kitchens.
- It can be installed only on the surface of the wall.
2. Built-In Chimney
This type of chimney is installed in your kitchen’s furniture to take lesser space and it is placed against the wall to get better support.
also, you can easily get this chimney in various sizes to be suitable for your kitchen, especially because it is made to suck the kitchen smoke and offers you fresh air inside the kitchen at the time of cooking.
The price range of a Built-in chimney is 8000 to 45000 INR.
- This fits inside the kitchen cabinets.
- This is available in different sizes.
- These chimneys have good suction capacity.
- This chimney is easy to maintain as well as clean.
- Its biggest advantage is it suitable for 3 to 6-burner gas stoves.
- It is more expansive as compared to wall mounted chimney.
3. Island Chimney
This island chimney is used for the cooking platform of your kitchen which is situated in the center of the kitchen and is installed directly in the ceiling and hanging.
The chimney directly above the cooking counter also gives a very attractive and modern touch to your kitchen.
The price range of an Island chimney is 30000 to 65000 INR.
- This island chimney is available in different styles and sizes.
- This type of chimney is suitable for 4 to 6-burner gas stoves. These chimneys have High suction capacity.
- This island chimney looks stylish and sleek.
- This island chimney is expensive compared to wall mounted chimney.
4. Corner Chimney
The corner chimney as the name suggests is placed at the kitchen’s corner against the wall and above the platform of cooking, generally. You can use this chimney if you have a cooking counter in the corner, also it helps to absorb unwanted kitchen smells and kitchen smoke.
The price range of the Island chimney is 10000 to 36000 INR.
- These chimneys have High suction capacity.
- This corner chimney is easy to maintain and clean.
- This chimney is available in various styles and designs.
- It is suitable for all kinds of kitchen furniture. Also, this chimney is pretty affordable.
- This corner chimney is less popular in India.
|Types of Chimneys for Kitchens||Description|
|Wall-Mounted Chimney||Attached to the kitchen wall, this chimney is a space-saving option that effectively removes smoke and odors.|
|Island Chimney||Suspended from the ceiling above an island cooktop, providing ventilation without the need for a wall connection.|
|Built-in Chimney||Integrated into the kitchen cabinetry for a seamless and discreet appearance while effectively venting cooking fumes.|
|Corner Chimney||Designed to fit into kitchen corners, optimizing space usage while ensuring efficient removal of smoke and pollutants.|
|Pyramid Chimney||Features a distinctive pyramid shape, adding a modern and stylish element to the kitchen while serving its functional purpose.|
|Downdraft Chimney||Installed directly into the kitchen countertop, this chimney retracts when not in use and rises during cooking to capture fumes.|
|Conventional Hood||Traditional hoods that are fixed above the cooking area, available in various designs to suit different kitchen styles.|
|Telescopic Chimney||Adjustable in height, telescopic chimneys allow customization for varying kitchen layouts and ceiling heights.|
|Slimline Chimney||Characterized by a slim profile, these chimneys are suitable for kitchens with limited space without compromising efficiency.|
|Angular Glass Chimney||Incorporates angular glass panels for a contemporary look, combining functionality with an aesthetically pleasing design.|
|Telescopic Hood||Similar to telescopic chimneys, telescopic hoods offer adjustable height and are commonly used in compact kitchen spaces.|
You May Also Like:
- 10 Different Types of Stoves | Best Stoves Types | Top Different Kinds Of Stoves
- 40 Kitchen Essentials | Types of Kitchen Utensils | Top Kitchen Must Have Tools | Best Essential Kitchen Items
- 5 Types of Kitchen Island | Top Kitchen Island Styles | Best Kitchen Island Shapes
- 8 Types of Kitchen Faucets | Kitchen Sink Faucets Types | Best Types of Sink Faucets
- What Is Kitchen Triangle | Kitchen Work Triangles | Kitchen Triangle Dimensions | Kitchen Work Triangle Rules