What Is Bill of Quantity
A Bill of Quantities (BoQ) is a detailed document used in construction projects that lists and describes all the materials, parts, and labor required to complete the project.
It includes quantities, descriptions, and unit prices for each item and is used to estimate the total cost of the project, facilitate tendering and procurement, and serve as a basis for valuing variations or changes to the project scope.
Method of preparing Bill of Quantities in Excel Sheet
How To Prepare Bill Of Quantity
To prepare a Bill of Quantities (BoQ), the following steps can be followed:
- Review the project scope and specifications to determine the required materials, equipment, and labor for each item.
- Organize the items into logical groups, such as by construction activity or trade.
- Determine the quantity of each item required for the project, based on measurements, drawings, or specifications.
- Assign a unit of measurement (such as cubic meters, square meters, or linear meters) to each item.
- Obtain prices for each item from suppliers or past project data, and include these in the BoQ.
- Calculate the total cost for each item by multiplying the quantity by the unit price.
- Summarize the costs for each group or section of the BoQ to arrive at a total project cost estimate.
It is important to ensure that the BoQ is accurate and comprehensive, as it will serve as the basis for tendering, procurement, and payment for the project.
Free Download Click Below Link
You May Also Like
- BoQ Full Form | What Is BoQ | BoQ Meaning | Bill of Quantities Example
- Building Estimation Excel Sheet Free Download
- Steel Quantity Calculation Excel Sheet
- Building Estimation Excel Sheet – Full Quantity Calculation
What is the Bill of Quantities?
A Bill of Quantities (BOQ or BQ) is documentation established to define the quality and quantity of works required to be carried out by the main contractor to complete a project. It is prepared by a quantity surveyor or cost consultant.
What is the purpose of the Bill of Quantity?
Various Purpose of Bill of Quantity listed below:
1. It is useful in cost planning before tendering process.
2. Tendering- useful in passing important construction tenders.
3. It provides a basic idea to investors about the cost of the project.
4. It provides a basis for the valuation of variation.
What is the meaning of BOQ in the tender?
BOQ stands for Bill of Quantities in Tendering. Bill of Quantity gives an idea about the cost of a project that is tendering firm willing to offer. This information is important for them to fill a higher or lower rate with respect to their rate while contracting.