Building Estimate is processed of predicting the probable cost of the project by calculating material quantity and their costing with help of market rates before undertaking any construction project. Here, In this article, we will learn about how to do an Estimation of A Building With a Plan.
Detailed Estimation of Building with Plan pdf
The following steps to be followed to do an estimation of building with a plan,
Data Required Preparing Estimate
- Plan, Elevation & section.
- Schedule of the opening of doors and windows.
- Foundation drawing.
- Column & Beam drawings.
Estimation of Building
The following is the estimation and costing of building sample pdf
1. Interpretation of Drawing
Estimation of a Building with Plan
Before you directly start calculating quantity, you must precisely and correctly read the construction drawing.
- Check dimension of each block is provided or not.
- The check Schedule of the opening is there.
- Check specification of work.
- Check the thickness of the wall is same or changes.
- Check Rise and tread dimension of the stair.
- Check type of foundation and its details drawing.
2. Prepare Estimation Sheet
Following is a sample sheet for preparing the estimate.
While taking length, width, and depth/ height dimensions remember that not all dimensions are given in drawing. Some dimensions you need to calculate from drawing also.
3. Calculating Quantity
For example, the first quantity of the estimation sheet is an excavation in the foundation. To find out the dimension of length, width, and depth of excavation from drawing.
Estimation of a Building with Plan pdf
Keep in Mind
- Excavation depth is calculated from ground level to bottom of PCC work.
- The size of the trench is larger than the size of the footing to provide easy for workers.
Here, the Size of footing is 1 m x 1 m. So, consider 0.25 m extra margins on both sides of the trench.
Length will be = 0.25 + 1 + 0.25 = 1.5 m, and Size becomes 1.5 m x 1.5 m. Depth is given 1.5 m from ground level.
Now, find the number of Footing in the building = 12 nos. Putting all values in the Estimation sheet multiple with each other will give you the quantity of excavation.
In a similar way, you can calculate other quantities like PCC, Footing Concrete; Earth filling, Plinth beam concrete, DPC, Brick Work in Superstructure, RCC Slab Concrete, etc.
Read More: Steel Quantity Calculation Excel Sheet
Free Download Building Estimate Format In Excel
Watch Full Video: Building Estimation With Plan
Building Estimation and Costing
Building estimation is determining the probable cost of buildings before the construction proceeds, in order to achieve success in the project. Building Estimation is also beneficial for passing tenders.
How do you estimate a building?
Excel Sheets, Online Valuation tools, FHFA House Price Index Calculator, hiring experts, etc are some of the Estimation Tools. However, if you want the do it manually, it is necessary to simplify the whole estimation method into small parts and begin grom foundation.
How do I calculate building quantities?
Building Quantities can be calculated by choosing one of the following methods,
1. Center Line Method
2. Crossing method
3. Out to out and in to in a method
4. Bay method
5. Service unit method
You May Also Like
- Building Estimation Excel Sheet – Full Quantity Calculation
- House Construction Cost Calculation in Excel Sheet
- Steel Quantity Calculation Excel Sheet
- Bill of Quantities Excel Sheet Free Download
- Cost of Construction of One Room | 10*10 room Construction Cost In India | Cost to Build 12×12 Room in India | 10×10 Room Estimate | One Room Construction Cost
- 12 Types of Estimate | Types of Estimation | Methods of Estimation In Civil Engineering
- Building Estimation Excel Sheet | Construction Cost Estimate Template Excel | Construction Material Calculator Excel | Building Estimate Format In Excel India
- Center Line Method of Building Estimation | Building Estimation By Centre Line Method | Center Line Plan and Estimation | Center Line Method of Estimation Excel Sheet
- Bar Bending Schedule | How To Prepare Bar Bending Schedule