Oh, If you are here then you must be searching for how to make Fruit Fly Trap at home. It is very irritating for anyone who is working in the kitchen especially our women they have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
And, the kitchen is a special place where most of the flies attract and live around it. They mostly attract the food which is open and rotten condition. So, don’t keep any rotting food uncovered in the kitchen.
So, how to get rid of fruit flies in the kitchen? Follow the below tips to get a solution to flies in home.
Things That Attract Fly In Kitchen
1. Garbage: Flies are mostly attracted to the spoiled food and waste kept in the house and they lay eggs in the spoiled food lying in the house. Therefore, keep the bad waste lying in your house well sealed in a plastic bag.
2. Other Flies: Flies mostly like to live in flocks, which attracts them to each other. The flies leave their scent and marks on the walls of the house, which attracts other flies. You can use water and borax solution to clean the fly specs on walls.
3. Rotting Produce: To keep the flies away from the fruit, throw out the overripe fruits or keep them in the freezer.
4. Dirty or Leaky Drains: Clean your drain pipe continuously because Drain flies and fruit flies are attracted to refuse settled in drains. Drain fly maggots like to eat the bacteria and organic matter in drains.
5. Dead Animals: If suddenly a lot of flies have come into your house, then the reason may be a dead animal in your house. That’s why find it and do it outside the house, but the fly likes to eat only fresh meat.
6. Spilt Animal Feed: Flies can also come because your pet is in the house, so always keep it clean and its foot also.
7. Pet Waste: Flies like to put their egg in animal manure, so dispose of pet (particularly dog) waste frequently.
How To Make Fruit Fly Trap At Home
Fly in the kitchen really irritating to anyone who is
there and especially when cooking food. This fly can be trapped by making a simple Homemade Fruit Fly Trap whose details are given below,
Materials Needed For Making Homemade Fruit Fly Trap
The following are materials required to make apple cider vinegar fruit fly trap,
- A Small Bowl Or Cup
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dishwashing soap
1. Take Cup which is having at least 10 cm dia top open surface for good trapping capacity.
2. Add apple cider vinegar into a bowl, but don’t fill it up to the top keep some margin from the top.
3. Take dishwasher soap and add a few drops of it in a bowl filled with apple cider vinegar. (Note: Just add a drop of dishwater soap to mix it.)
4. Last and Final step to follow is to transfer this Fruit Fly Trap to a place where flies are continuously moving.
Result: You can in the above picture how to fly trapped in our homemade fruit fly trap.
How Fruit Fly Trap Work?
You must wonder how this fruit fly trap work?
As we know that apple cider vinegar smell attracts the flies and they try to land on a surface. Flies easily land on the water surface because of surface tension phenomena, but in this case, dishwasher soap breaks the surface tension of cinder vinegar and therefore when flies try to land on the surface they are trapped in solution.
What Are Other Methods of Remove Flies From House
1. Natural Oils Repellent
You can also get rid of flies in-house by using essential oil sprays such as citronella oil, eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass, and neem. Mix one of this oil with water and fill in a spray bottle. Now, you can spray this solution over a place where flies are dominant in a house. This oil deters those pesky flies as well as creates a good aroma in your house.
2. Salt and Turmeric
You can spray salt and turmeric over the kitchen platforms where flies are most attracted. As Flies don’t like the smell of salt and turmeric they will move away from it.
3. Pepper and Salt
Take 2 cups of boiled water, add pepper and salt to it and mix well. Put this solution in a spray bottle. Now spray this liquid where flies and mosquitoes are flying. This will keep away them as they don’t like the smell of it.
4. Orange Peel
Take a muslin cloth and tie orange peels with it and hand it around your kitchen. It is a really simple and working remedy to get rid of flies in the kitchen area.
Take dries ginger powder and mix with water of about cup and mix it well. Transfer this solution in a spray bottle and spray it on an area where flies are seen will assertively make difference.
Watch Video: How to Make Fruit Fly Trap With Apple Cider Vinegar
You May Also Like
- How to Get Rid of Kitchen Smells? Top 10 Tips
- How to Get Rid of Termites | How to Kill Termites | Signs of Termites | DIY Termite Treatment
- What Is Kitchen Triangle | Kitchen Work Triangles | Kitchen Triangle Dimensions | Kitchen Work Triangle Rules
- How to Get Rid of Paint Smell | Remove Paint Fumes
- How to Get Rid of Rotten Egg Smell In House | How to Remove Egg Smell From Floor