- Some tips for Civil Site Engineers, These tips can prove important when you don’t have any measurement at the site or it is not possible to use them every time.
- On-site measure tricks are important because we do not always have the necessary measurement tools available.
- Normally, we required to take the measurements of different objects on a daily basis. It is not possible to have the measuring tools, such as a tape measure, ruler, or protractor, with us.
- For that situation, I will give you tricks for measuring different dimensions such as length and degrees.
- Lets, Consider one example if you see your thumb and your index finger, the length between them will be roughly 18 to 19 centimeters.
- Similarly, if you open the thumb and the little finger instead, you will get an additional 2 centimeters for a total of about 20 centimeters.
- This is an important tip for civil site engineers, site engineers for the contactor.
- But, it is fact human hands are different sizes, so this method is just a way to measure the approximate length.
TIPS FOR CIVIL SITE ENGINEERS
- Furthermore, If you want to measure degrees with your hand, you can do that also, observe the photo.
- You can see that your thumb and your little finger exactly make 90 degrees when you spread them on the ground.
- And if you spread all other fingers, you can also measure 60 degrees, 45 degrees, and 30 degrees with this method.
- Similarly, If you put 4 fingers together you can measure the distance of 3 ” (inches) or 8 Centimeters approximately.
And if you put 2 fingers together, you can measure the distance of 1 1/2″(inches) or 4 centimeters.
Disclaimer Note: This is just an approximate method and calculations. Dimensions may differ from person to person.
You Might Also Like: