Fences are an essential part of any property, providing security, privacy, and aesthetic appeal. There are various types of fences available in the market, ranging from traditional to modern styles. The most common materials used for fencing include wood, vinyl, aluminum, wrought iron, and chain link. Each of these materials has its unique characteristics, such as durability, maintenance requirements, and cost-effectiveness.
Choosing the right fence for your property can be overwhelming, considering the many options available. Factors such as purpose, budget, maintenance, and local regulations must be considered. By understanding the different types of fencing and their features, you can make an informed decision and select a fence that meets your needs and preferences.
Types of Fences
There are different types of fences used according to the nature of work as discussed below,
Brick Wall Fence
The brick wall fence has been used for ages to build privacy, provide security to the home, and give an accent to the house. The brick wall fence is very popular and can be seen around many houses, offices, institutions, and other buildings.
These types of fencing are very durable, solid, and long-lasting, they bring style and class to the fencing which any other materials can’t give.
A brick wall fence helps to obstruct noise from busy streets, and subsequently, these fences make a good choice of privacy fence if you are living near a bustling road.
It not only increases the security of your home but also gives a stylish wall appearance. A brick wall fence gives a safe wall enclosure for young children and pets as well.
Aluminum fencing is generally utilized in commercial applications for its long-term functionality. Aluminum material requires less maintenance and is easy to clean. The primary cost of aluminum fencing is more than most materials when aluminum is relatively low-maintenance and easy to install.
The aluminum fence does not provide strength and security like other fence types because, this material is very lightweight, making it easily bendable from contact or even strong wind.
Right now, there are many aluminum fence manufacturers available in the market, and there are a lot of ways to cut costs.When constructing an aluminum fence, like cheaper material or poor coating.
Wooden fencing is great incorporation to any house. Wooden fencing is provided for privacy, security to destruct outside noise, or just for its attractive appearance.
When selecting timber for the fencing purpose, consider the local weather or atmosphere because choosing the proper wood for your climate will deter decay and provide a long-lasting fence. Good quality wooden fencing will demand fewer repairs and is less likely to need replacement.
The average life period of wooden fencing material can vary from 10 to 30 years, depending on the quality of the installation, the type of wood, and how well it is maintained. The most popular woods used for wooden fencing are pine, cedar, and redwood are also good options.
Install wooden fencing with a water-proof solution to protect it against dampness & extremely low or high temperatures.
Iron fencing is mostly utilized to create a unique and personalized solution. This material is heavy in weight so, it allows for a high level of customization since it is very malleable. It is also requiring significant maintenance when used for fencing.
The iron or steel material needs regular maintenance, repainting every two to three years, and is subjected to rusting & corroding.
The installation task for iron fencing is simple but requires more time & is more labor-intensive than other materials, given the heaviness of the material.
Iron fence is stronger & more durable, they often require custom manufacturing and are more expensive than other available materials. This iron fencing demands a big price tag for a fancy design.
Chain-link fence is mostly utilized in construction projects and industries due to their affordable price and low maintenance nature. The installation process of this fencing is quick and easy. These fences are suitable for a few types of applications or purposes.
When it requires defining a boundary between two places, a chain-link fence can be put with ease, and it also occupies less space. The chain-link fencing cannot provide more privacy, as they are thin and see-through.
Bamboo fencing is available in the market in the shape of either rolls or panels. Bamboo fencing is most appropriate for covering an existing wall, wooden, or mesh panel. The bamboo fencing is preferable as fence panels and partitions to create more privacy between two properties or gardens.
Using bamboo sticks with other materials often results in a unique and modern look. While installing bamboo fencing, bamboo sticks, and rolls are joined with steel wire, they are very quick & easy to install.
The key advantage of this fence is that you can easily install them in a variety of angles or shapes.
Barbed Wire Fence
Barbed wire fence is manufactured of steel and is mostly utilized for keeping cattle and livestock away from the house.
This fencing is one type of rolled & twisted wire that is different from a normal galvanized wire in that its strands are twined together instead of intertwined with one another.
Barbs are joined at regular intervals along a total length of barbed wire. Animals or any trespassers that attempt to break through the barbed wire are discouraged by the pointy barbs that can cause pain or injury.
A different type of barbed wire is often placed along the tops of wire fencing in prisons & military installations to restrict humans from climbing over the fencing.
An electrified fence is commonly made from thin steel or aluminum. It is installed to give trespassers a shock when it is encountered in prohibited areas.
Electrified fences commonly utilized for agricultural purposes deliver just enough voltage to make the being touching it uncomfortable. It is also used in other applications such as for commercial or industrial uses and may be designed to stun the offender.
This fence utilized for military and security purposes may be provided to deliver a lethal dose of energy, meaning a person or animal. who comes into contact with it could die as a result.
Vinyl-coated Wire Fencing
Vinyl-coated wire fences are available in standard colors like black or green. This is one type of wire fencing to which a vinyl covering has been applied after welding and weaving. A vinyl-coated fence looks pleasant and lasts a long time because the wire is protected by both galvanized coating and vinyl.
This fence is used to provide around yards to contain pets, or around playgrounds and pools to protect children. Vinyl-coated wire fence is also utilized in the making of animal & lobster traps, or as decorative panel inserts for deck railings.
Shrubs and trees are planted at regular intervals to make a continuous screen called a living fence.
This fence is serving the various purposes of a compound wall, gives protection from high winds, ensures privacy, and forms a background screen for a flower garden, vegetable garden, etc.
This fence installed with barbed wire is less in cost compared to a boundary wall and if appropriately maintained gives better look. Monsson is the best time to start a new living fence by planting seeds or cuttings.
The Necessity of a Fencing
Some of the important reasons for installing a quality fence around your home or property are listed below
Security and Safety
- The first and most important reason for providing fencing on your property is for security.
- Fencing protects your valuable and more importantly protects you and your family.
- A fence acts as a deterrent for interlopers & intruders and keeps unwanted wild animals off your property as well.
- With kept in mind for safety purposes, fences are not just designed to keep people & animals out.
- But they also keep things in, like children. Providing fences around houses are also a great thing for keeping pets in a confined, controlled area.
- Without fencing it can be difficult to tell where your property lines are and installing fencing will help to define the correct boundaries between your neighbor’s territory and your own.
- Property lines can play a role in neighborly disputes, fences are the perfect way to prevent this.
- Privacy can also be one of the most common reasons for providing a fence on your house.
- Fences can separate your home from the outside world, and when it becomes to privacy, knowing.
- There are no prying eyes of strangers or neighbors watching your family offers freedom and worry.
- Privacy can be easily reached with the utilization of high fencing or joining fences with trees & shrubs [ so your neighbors can’t steal your ideas for your outdoor kitchen which makes a good addition to your curb appeal ].
- Fences are a great way to appeal to the curb appeal of your home.
- There are many ideas available for fencing that can enhance the aesthetic appeal of your house, as well as increase the property value.
- A well-planned arranged fence can not only create a place of security, safety, and privacy. But can offer an ideal solution to expanding the visual aspect of your property.
- The fencing design should be durable and should match your home in themes and styles.
- Installed fencing with good quality, excellent security, and privacy aspects will increase the value of your home.
- If you are looking to sell, it can substantially increase the sale price.
- New home-seekers are looking for well-planned and quality fencing when searching for homes, and as security and privacy are usually high on buyer’s lists your new fence is a great investment that will get a return.
You May Also Like: