How Many Cubic Feet In a Yard of Concrete
There are 27 cubic feet in a cubic yard of concrete. This is because a yard is a unit of length, and when you multiply the three dimensions of length, width, and height (each measured in feet) in a cubic yard (3 feet x 3 feet x 3 feet), you get a total of 27 cubic feet. Therefore, one cubic yard of concrete is equivalent to 27 cubic feet.
The volume of fabric that inserts in a house one yard wide by one yard deep by one yard high? Cubic yards are used to measure the materials required for your garden concrete.
Unit of measurement changes with work, material, state, country-wise, and for some specified work. To perfume that works, we have to convert measuring units like length, width, area, and volume to different units.
Common materials that square measure measured in three-dimensional yards include:
- Fill dirt
How to Convert Cubic Feet to Yards of Concrete
To determine the number of materials you wish in three-dimensional yards, you need to 1st convert all 3 dimensions to an equivalent unit of measure. There are:
- 1 cubic yard is equal to 27 cubic feet ( 3 feet x 3 feet x 3 feet)
- 1 cubic yard = 46,656 cubic inch (36 inch x 36 inch x 36 inch)
- 1 yard is equal to 36 inches or 3 feet
- 1 yard = 3 feet
For example, if we take a volume of concrete 9 inches thick by 12 feet long by 12 feet wide:
Convert the inches to feet = 9 inch ÷ 12 inch = 0.75 feet
Multiply the length, width, and thickness together to find the number of cubic feet = 0.75’ x 12’ x 12 = 108 cubic feet = 0.75’ x 12’ x 12 = 108 cubic feet
Now, we know that 1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet, and then divide 108 cubic feet volume of concrete by 27.
= 108 / 27 = 4 cubic yards of concrete.
(Simple Tip: for converting cubic feet to cubic yards divide the volume of concrete which is in cubic feet by 27)
You can try it by converting all units in the cubic yard also,
- Convert the dimension in inches to yards = 9” ÷ 36” = 0.25 yards
- Convert the dimensions in feet to yards = 12’ ÷ 3 = 4 yards
- Multiply the three dimensions together to find the number of cubic yards = 0.25 x 4 x 4 = 4 cubic. yard.
|Yards of Concrete||Cubic Feet|
This table indicates that each cubic yard is equivalent to 27 cubic feet. So, to find the number of cubic feet in a given number of cubic yards, you can multiply the number of cubic yards by 27. For example, 4 cubic yards would be 4×27=1084×27=108 cubic feet.
You May Also Like:
- How Many Bags Of Concrete In A Yard | How Many Bags of Concrete Do I Need
- How Many Yards In a Ton | How Many Yards In a Ton of Gravel | How Many Tons In a Yard | How Many Cubic Yards In a Ton | Cubic Yard to Ton
- How Many Bags of Concrete Do I Need For 10×10 Slab
- How Long Should Concrete Cure Before Removing Forms
- Building Construction Step By Step Process